Friday, June 24, 2011

Adult World

The adult world is...
.....................................Crazy.
Go go go.................................................................
....................... Organized.................................
........... Disorganized....................................................
............. Frantic....................................
Scary...........................................................
.............Awesome...................................................
Hard....................................................................
...................... Exciting.......................
....................Stressful ........

The adult world is hectic. The real adult world, not the world you see as soon as you turn 18, and you are still in high school. Not the world you see when you are still living at home with Mom and Dad whether you pay rent there or not. I mean the world that you don't expect until you get here.

As an adult I have learned a few things..
1. I don't know everything.
2. Speeding down the road, is no longer fun, it is scary and dangerous.
3. Walking alone at night is a step back from reality and time for yourself.
4. Friends really do come and go.
5. College IS better then high school.
6. Paying the bills every month is a hassle, and I understand the stress now.
7. Never having money, sucks.
8. Budgeting money really is a life saver.
9. Stuffed animals and big fluffy blankets are just in the way.
10. Family means so much more to me.
11. My parents really DO know what they are talking about.
12. The responsibility of owning a vehicle is not just wrecking it, there is way more.
13. I cannot rely on anyone but myself, when it comes to decisions.
14. There is more to life then guys.
15. People who don't love me, care for me, or treat me with respect don't matter.
16. Stress CAN be managed.
17. Everybody has a dark side.
18. I am the only one to blame for my mistakes.
19. The toys I want to buy are a hell of a lot more expensive.
20. Hating someone is a waste of time.

I have learned a lot more, but those are things that I tell myself quite often. When I was little, I always wished I was an adult, I wished that I was the grown up. I wished that I could make my own decisions, and I have. Only now, I can't blame someone else, or use another persons money. For me, this is just the beginning of another life. I had my child life, I had my teen life (which kinda sucked for a second), and now I am in my young adult life, and to me, it's a new beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment