Friday, June 10, 2011

Growing Apart.

Time for a new beginning, a chance to start over. Not to erase the plate, or cut off all my hair, or go get a new tattoo or piercing. It's just a new beginning, a place where I can focus on the things that matter to me. A beginning where I can have the friends I want, and be able to hang out with out the strings attached. I'll never regret this fairytale that ended. But it is time to start another one, and I am ready.

I am ready for a change to come, I think I have been ready for a couple of months now, but in the back of my mind I just hoped that things would change with the other half of my recent fairy tale. I never wanted it to end. I really had the mind set that we were partners in crime for life, and no matter what obstacle came our way, we'd face them; and for a while we did. Then reality set in with me back in February and I knew it was over. You live together, and you either grow together or you don't. Obviously growing together as a couple was not at the top of his priorities, and I will never hold it against him. I asked for a lot from him, and I knew he wasn't ready, but I always hoped. Now that reality has hit... I wasn't ready for what I had been asking for either.

People grow, they adapt, they accept change and they move forward. Well most people do. Some people like to stay in the high school phase and never grow up, and that is their choice. But for me, I grab life by the reins, hold on tight and can't wait to see what comes!

Growing apart is not the easiest thing to handle, but I think I am doing alright. I just have a few more hills to climb before I am over the mountain, and then.... my new beginning will be waiting for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment